Whether you want to keep your feet warm, cool, or dry, we’ve got the proper selection of fishing socks for you.
Natural and synthetic fabrics are used in the manufacture of socks.
Natural materials are:
- Wool which is thin, durable, and hypoallergenic fiber, providing excellent thermal insulation. The more wool is in the socks, the warmer they are. Wool wader socks are suitable for high activity in cold weather.
- Cotton which is a fiber that is made up of 90% cellulose. The key feature of cotton fishing socks is hygiene. Cotton is breathable, moisture absorbing, and comfortable. Such socks are pleasant to wear, soft to the touch. They don't cause allergic reactions.
Synthetic materials are necessary to ensure moisture-wicking properties. These fabrics improve the physical characteristics of fishing socks such as wear-resistance and a secure fit on the foot.
We provide socks which are made of:
- Nylon which provides high wear resistance and doesn’t absorb moisture.
- Spandex which is an elastic fiber improving the quality and comfort of knitwear. The main advantage of the material is its elasticity.
- Polyester that gives the socks elasticity, strength, and durability. The fishing socks don’t rub off longer and don’t lose their shape. The material is easily washed and keeps color well.
Ice fishing socks with high thermal insulation retain warmth inside, quickly absorb and remove moisture to the outside, keeping feet dry and comfortable.
Fly fishing socks with a medium knit provide freedom of movement. Flat seams don’t chafe the feet. Such models are very soft, non-squeezing, and most of them are low.
Do you wear socks with fishing shoes?
Many people will go for whatever is convenient for them. If it's uncomfortable for them to wear socks with shoes, that's okay.
However, the main risk of not wearing fishing socks is that it increases your chances of developing infections. When you wear shoes without socks, there is no layer of material between the foot and the shoe to absorb sweat or moisture.
Walking barefoot around the house is relatively safe. But when you go outside, you expose yourself to potential risks that can be dangerous. Without proper foot strength, you risk losing gait mechanics, increasing your risk of injury.
What are fishing socks?
Fishing socks are specialized socks designed to keep your feet warm and dry while fishing. They are made from materials that wick moisture away from your skin and provide insulation to keep your feet comfortable in cold weather.
What materials are fishing socks made from?
Fishing socks can be made from a variety of materials, including wool, synthetic blends, and cotton. Some materials are more suited to cold weather fishing while others are better for warmer climates. Look for socks made from materials that are quick-drying and moisture-wicking for best results
Do I need special socks for fishing?
While you don't necessarily need special socks for fishing, they can make a big difference in your comfort levels on the water. Fishing socks are designed to keep your feet dry and warm, which is especially important if you're fishing in cold weather. They also provide cushioning and support for your feet during long periods of standing or walking.
How do I clean and care for my fishing socks?
To keep your fishing socks in good condition, it's important to wash them regularly. Follow the care instructions on the label to ensure that you're washing them properly. Avoid using fabric softeners or bleach, as these can damage the materials. It's also a good idea to air dry your fishing socks instead of putting them in the dryer, as high heat can cause shrinkage and damage to the fibers.