In 2016, Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association estimated that nearly half of American adults planned to purchase a new grill or smoker that year. Other insights from the study showed that Americans love their backyard cooking. Apart from the Memorial Day that serves to mark as the unofficial kickoff to backyard grilling season, other days like Mother’s Day, for example, are becoming popular outdoor cooking days of the year.
Moreover, the calendar is becoming less relevant as most Americans love all things grilled and smoked all year round whenever it is nice out there!
Obviously, one would now ask: What are the best smokers to get for a backyard or outdoor cooking needs? We have to say the timing couldn’t be more ideal for many potential buyers – a lot of new selections and older models have been upgraded! And what more, to lessen your trouble of needing to take a chance a smoker or having to look through dozens of brands, we have compiled a list that includes the main types on the market today, how they work and what features you should consider when getting one!
Masterbuilt 20075315 Front Controller Smoker
This meat smoker is enough testimony that the best item that gives good value isn’t necessarily the most expensive or complicated. This Masterbuilt is our top pick for this list because it makes meating smoking a straightforward task by giving you all you need without complicating the process.
What is the best smoker?
When choosing a charcoal smoker, some few considerations are very important in order to get the best smoker
- Good temperature control, which will also depend on your practice, thermometers, food-coals distance flexibility, the dampers and the lid
- A tight-fitting lid and it is very crucial for any smoker you get to have at least 2 dampers (an exhaust and an intake)
- A digital thermometer as internal temperature determines how the finished tastes. It is a bit pricey but worth it
- A grill that allows for two-zone cooking
- Easy access to the charcoal to keep the temperature inside the grill under control